Sunday 12 May 2013

Number 27!

Here's Story Number 27


Phileas is getting himself ready to leave Yemen and move onto Mumbai, India. But once Phileas had everything ready and packed he realised he was missing one thing...transport.
What is Phileas going to do?
He made his way to town to see if he could find anything or anyone that could help transport him to India, but he couldn't find anything anywhere to help him. Phileas was now rather tired and sat down on a rug that was just laying on the floor in the street. The rug was a beautiful ruby red with shining gold patterns all over, and was the softest and most comfortable rug Phileas has ever sat on. It was so comfy Phileas forgot all about searching for transport and instead started to fall asleep.
But before Phileas could relax into a deep sleep a great rich booming voice said "excuse me"
Phileas jumped up from the floor in shock and searched high and low but could not see anyone anywhere who could have spoke to him. So Phileas sat back down and was just about to close his eyes to have a nap when he heard the same voice again say "excuse me, sir!"
"Who is that" replied Phileas worriedly
"It's me" the voice replied
"Whose me?" said a confused Phileas
"Me, down here!"
Phileas looked down at his feet "all I can see is a rug, where are you hiding"
The voice began to laugh "Haha! silly man, I am not hiding, I am the rug!"
Phileas jumped up with shock as he has never seen or met a talking rug before.
"Why so scared said the rug, I will not harm you!"
"Sorry" replied Phileas, "I just did not expect a rug to be talking to me"
"Not many people do" replied the rug "What's your name?"
"Phileas, and yours?"
"Pleased to meet you Phileas, I am Rupert"
"Hi Rupert, would you mind if I ask you a question?" said Phileas shyly
"Of course you can"
"Why have you been laid out in the street?"
"Laid out?" Rupert started to laugh again "I wasn't laid out, I laid here myself as I was tired for searching"
"Really so was I! But if you don't mind me asking how did you lay yourself out?"
"What do you mean?" asked Rupert
"Well you are a rug, how are you able to move yourself?"
"Oh" Chuckled Rupert as he lifted himself off the floor
"Y -Y- You can fly!" said Phileas in complete shock.
"Of course I can fly, you act as if you have never seen a rug talk or fly before" said Rupert
"I - I haven't" replied Phileas
"Oh really? Well I am pleased I could be your first" chuckled Rupert, "so please tell me, what were you searching for when you rest on me?"
"I was searching for someone to help me transport myself to Mumbai in India. What were you searching for?"
"I was searching for one of tassels, as you can see I lost it...I tell you what if you help me to find my golden tassel, I will personally transport you to Mumbai"
"Really would you do that for me?" replied a happy Phileas
"Of course I would"
So Phileas began to help Rupert search high and low for his golden tassel. They searched under the bushes, round the trees, at the end of all the branches, under every mat, they knocked on every door. Phileas and Rupert had been searching for hours and started to become very tired, but then suddenly Phileas saw a glisten across path from him.
"Could it be the tassel?" thought Phileas, "surely it can't be as it's moving slowly further and further away"
Phileas had to go and have a better look to see what it could actually be. But to Phileas and Rupert's surprise it was in fact the tassel, and the reason it was slowly moving was because it was in fact on the back of a sail.
"Excuse me" said Phileas to the snail
The snail turned around and looked at Phileas and Rupert "Please call me Mr Smudge, how may I help you both?"
"You seem to have one of my golden tassels on your back, could I have it back please" answered Rupert politely
"Oh I do apologise" said Mr Smudge "I wondered why my shell felt heavier today"
Mr Smudge and Phileas helped Rupert put the tassel back on, and both Phileas and Rupert waved goodbye to Mr Smudge and wished him a wonderful day!
"Thank you Phileas" said Rupert
And as Rupert promised he gave Phileas a ride all the way to Mumbai, India. It was one of the most enjoyable journeys he had ever had and as Phileas and Rupert waved goodbye to each other, they knew this would not be the last time they saw each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment